Das Magazin für umgebaute Motorräder

American-V2-Magazin

Werbebanner

Jesse James in Iraq

• Looks like Jesse James snuck over to Iraq to do the season finale of Monster Garage! Leave it to Jesse to do something kickass like this! Here are some pics for you.

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/WCC/JJiraq1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/WCC/JJiraq2.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/WCC/JJiraq3.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/WCC/JJiraq4.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/WCC/JJiraq5.jpg]

• Stephan,
    I think you're missing the point here.....you see, when it comes to American soldiers being away from their homes and families during this time of year, this is a moral buster for the soldiers. Jesse is not the only person to go over and visit the troops...many music entertainers go over to Iraq to entertain the soldiers every month. Jesse didn't do this for him....he did it for the troops. From what I know goes into this, because I've been deployed before, the entertainers pay for everything!! EVERYTHING, Stephan. He paid for all the parts, his staff, everything to go over there for the troops. This all comes out of HIS pocket, my friend. All so that the soldiers, airman, marines, navy personnel can have a little bit of "home" while they are away.

I'm not sure if you've ever been in the Army or away from your family for 6 to 12 months at a time, but this means A LOT to the soldiers and THIS is the way my government shows their appreciation to the men and women of our service and to say "thank you."

If you don't understand, Stephan, well....there's nothing I can do about that. All I know is that this was really selfless and cool of Jesse and his company to do this. Because, being that they are in a "war zone", Jesse and his staff risked their lifes so that they can say "thank you" to the men and women of our Armed Forces. I sure in the hell don't see Germany doing anything for their soldiers.

Oh, I'm deploying to Afghanistan for 12 months in April...I'm sure I will see my share of entertainers too. I'll send your "greetings" to them. ;)

Thumbs up, Jesse!! :bigok:

• Zitat

Original von blackwidowrider
    fuck...thats not my way....thats shit-sorry dude

Same goes to you, brother....if you had ever served your country and been to war, then you would know that Jesse didn't do this for himself...he did it for the troops.

• Tim, do you really belive that this was just a selfless activity for the soldiers? Even if Jesse did not earn one cent on this "event": It is a marketing action. He shure could have kept his visit as a secret if he does not wanted to get attention with it.

I can imagine this entertainment is an alternation in their jobs. And I will defenitely not start to discuss about the sense of this war. But public entertainment in a war zone ... ?

• Sorry guys, but I agree with Stephan.....!
    I never has been sent out to war (thank God!) but I served at the army for 3 years...
    And 7 months I was not at home to be with my family....!I know this is a long time and being in a country while war activities are there is another one for sure...
    I'm against the Iraq war - but honest respect for all the troops and GIs there!
    But Jesse's "Iraq-Customizing" is a PR-Activity only, I'm sure!
    There were many great actors and stars who've been in the war-regions throughout the world in the last decades to visit Us-Troops. Most of them didn't want to make a PR-event out of this - no comments in the press, no photos, nothing at all.
    But not so Jesse......Sorry - not my way!

NIVEAU SIEHT NUR VON UNTEN AUS WIE ARROGANZ.... (Klaus Kinski)

• Hi T-Rob!

I am amazed how good the PR-department of the U.S. government has been working on you.
    And Jesse acting selflessly on this? Bullshit, dude. He did this for his show and for his own PR. There´s no selflessness in it.
    Many other entertainers, actors ... also brought to public what they think of these wars: they are wrong !!! Especially the one in Iraq!!!

But hey, if you have to go to afghanistan yourself, I do wish you the best of luck and come home save, man!!!!!!

• i know there is big diffrence between americans and germans, beeing proud of their homeland and that u are proud to serve your country.i see no problems with that and i see no problem if entertainer are goin to support the guys out there in war-that is ok for me and i can undrstand why they do that-but it seems to me that jesse is doing a pr tour for himself-not for the boyz out there...just my feeling dude.

"In God We Trust, Vengeance is Mine, Sayeth the Lord, No fear."

Ironwerk.de

• Sorry folks, you can think what ever you want. But it's not up to anyone to play the judge.
    And by the way......if this is an PR-tour....what does that mean? PR=promotion....you promote something that's not running and to make it known by everyone. I think Jesse James doesn't have to promote Monster Garage or WCC, they are already hits. And his own person? Everyone already knows him too. So what is he doing this thing for? Money? He's already a millionaire.
    So what else can it be?

I personally think this forum is not the right place for political discussions although everyone has the given right to say what ever he wants to. But sometimes it's better to look a little bit behind the scenes before you judge something you really don't know exactly.

P.S. This isn't Jesse's first time in Iraq.......

• Zitat

Original von ace666
    good mornig bro,
    did you can`t sleep :P

LOL...yeah, couldn't sleep. :)

@ everybody....well, wasn't this interesting.

First of all, I posted this because it was about one of our favorite bike builders, Jesse James....that's ALL it was. If you think it was a PR stunt....that's your opinion then. You know what they say about opinions....they are like assholes, everybody has one. Including me...lol.

Second, being that I am "presently" serving, I have no desire to talk to anybody about politics.

Third, I respect everybody's opinion, even though they suck. LOL Christian brought up some very good points that should be thought about. Like he said, this wasn't the first time Jesse's been in Iraq.

Anyway...again, this was just for the purposes to share with you. Maybe next time I'll stick to my forum. I wish everybody a Happy New Year.

• Zitat

Original von rock´n´roll outlaw
    Hi T-Rob!

I am amazed how good the PR-department of the U.S. government has been working on you.
    And Jesse acting selflessly on this? Bullshit, dude. He did this for his show and for his own PR. There´s no selflessness in it.
    Many other entertainers, actors ... also brought to public what they think of these wars: they are wrong !!! Especially the one in Iraq!!!

But hey, if you have to go to afghanistan yourself, I do wish you the best of luck and come home save, man!!!!!!

RR,
    Being that I don't know you, I'll disregard your stupid-ass statement about the US Government working on me. ;)

Thanks for your regards to me about going to Afghanistan. I do plan on coming back. :)

• Hey man,

I really wish you all the best. I didn´t mean to offend you or get to you in any way.
    I guess the posting is right: this is not the place for politics!! :P

So, rock on and take care. I wish you a Happy new year !!!!!