Das Magazin für umgebaute Motorräder

American-V2-Magazin

Werbebanner

Rest In Peace, my friend!

• I think today was one of the hardest days I've ever had to go through. Today, my wife and I decided to put our dog, Cody (our son...we have no children) to sleep. We adopted Cody shortly after we moved in together (before we got married) in 1992...we got married in 1993. Cody has been with us our entire marriage and then some...we had him for 14 years. He was about 15 or 16 years old...we about 2 when we adopted him.

I got Cody for my wife, Sabine...she never had a dog growing up (I had a few), so I adopted him for her. It wasn't love at first sight, but after I left them together for about 3 hours, they were inseparatable...you couldn't get them apart. Cody was always there for Sabine through all of our separations...schools, business trips, deployments, and our fights. LOL He was truly our bestfriend and first son. He blessed us with so many good times and fond memories. But, over the past year and a half, he wasn't doing too well. Mainly, we was just getting old and his parts were slowing shutting down. I told Sabine it would be her decision when to do it....she was extremely brave today and made the call.

We went to our Vet about 1130....Cody was gone by 1215. It was the hardest fucking thing I had to do. I know he's in a better place now and is no longer suffering...it just really fucking hurts, you know?

I know some of you probably will not be able to understand this or my feelings, but I also know that some of you will. This is a very hard time for Sabine and I right now, especially with me getting ready to go to Afghanistan. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tonight...I would really appreciate it.

He wasn't the "manliest" dog, but he was ours. Dogs are truely "Man's Best Friend." Here's to you, Cody.....

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/My%20Boys/DSC01276-1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/My%20Boys/DSC02530-1.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/My%20Boys/IMG00017-2.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/t-rob/My%20Boys/IMG00019-4.jpg]

• I can really understand you and I share your sadness honestly with you.
    My Dog Leon is a Golden Retriever and now 5 years old.I don't know what to do if something bad would happen to him....
    I'm sure only people who live with dogs can understand how deep such feelings for our animals are.....And everytime you and Sabine are sad remember and don't forget:
    There's a "Dog Heaven" too and I'm sure CODY is there now....

A HOME WITHOUT A DOG IS ONLY A HOUSE......

• Thank you...I really appreciate your words. I truly believe that he is in Dog Heaven looking down on us feeling much better and happy to be relieved of his pain.

Again, thank you, brother.

• Hhmmmm Buddy thats Sad. i never been throu that. Since i had a dog School in Cologne and Trained Dogs for 10 Years i had things like that a Lot. And i differentiate beteen Animals and beigns, but i sure Know when my 10 years old Sam has to GO it will very Though for me. Do you thing about getting a New Dog ? Since U gona leave sabine and us in April.

6 Years ago my Mon ´s dog died, she has no man and only Dogs for the past 30 Years, she was very down at That Time. So bienee and Me went to Belgium and got a New Dog, she did not forget the Old one. But she felt better haveing the New Puppie.

• I think you're right T-rob.Don't believe it's a good idea to buy a new dog suddenly...
    On one hand it's a matter of respect to CODY.You can't change a dog like a car....On the other hand there has to be a time for being sad and to share memories you had with CODY...
    After a couple of months you and Sabine can think it over again....

You, Sabine and your dog CODY are in my thoughts.......

NIVEAU SIEHT NUR VON UNTEN AUS WIE ARROGANZ.... (Klaus Kinski)

• Hi Rob,

i feel with you.

I have two dogs.
    One of them is a 13 years old german shepherd.
    Every day i watch him, i see that the moment of truth ist coming nearer.

That fucking hurts...

Here are the two guys havin' fun in the snow

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.konticket.de/mirko/hund1.jpg]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sinner ()

• I feel with you buddy, we lost our pet 2 years ago.
    It it always hard to accept the cycle of life but there is nothing we
    can do about it.
    You gave him a good life, what more can a pet ask for.
    Be grateful for the good time you had with Cody and keep him in your thoughts.

Croozer

• Yeah, he did have a great life and I will always cherish the time we had with him.

Thanks,
    T

• Hi brother
    Sorry to hear of your loss..I split up with my wife 8 years ago and I let her keep the dog as with forces life it was not going to work, and my son was also very attached ..well last year I had to go visit and have the old girl put down as she had cancer all over the place..we all cried that day...I still miss her even after all this time..But it does get easier..
    see ya on the road sometime ..jim

• Sorry to hear about your loss. A dog truly is mans best friend. No matter what happens they always stand by you. They can do stupid things that put a smile on your face like run into a dustbin ;) , they do great things like open the door when you forgot your keys again. They stick their head in your face when you're down. They fart when you least expect it :D .We had a dog for 14 years when I was growing up. We had to put him down in Dec.91. Sometimes when I go home to my parents house I still see him lying in his corner. I suppose you never get over the lost of a loved one, you just get used to it.
    My heartfelt condolences
    Bibo