Das Magazin für umgebaute Motorräder

American-V2-Magazin

Werbebanner

7 x 17 rims / blackwidow

• I'm looking to change my stock rear rim to 17 x 7. I noticed allot of you guys have already done it and I wanted some informaiton if possible. Did any changes have to made to fit the tire in? Do i need to change the front tire dimension's or is the stock tire size ok? Thanks.....David.....Canada

• Hi David,

first of all: Greetings to Canada. Wow, we are going to be very international during the last weeks.

Concerning to your question:

I suppose you want to go to an 200 tire, correct? This one will work on the 17x7 or 18x7 rim. If you already have installed a lowering kit, the tire will push against the small frame underneath the rear fender. Therefore you need to install a suspension restriction into the shock absorber. Perhaps you will have to cut a small piece of the chain cover, if the edge of the tire will be too close. That´s it!

I know the following combinations rear and front that will work perfect:

1. Rear 17x7 with 200, Front 19x1,5 with 110 (stock)
    2. Rear 18x7 with 200, Front 18x3 with 130
    3. Rear 17x7 with 200, Front 18x3 with 130

I am ridin´ the first version. Feels pretty good. Haven´t tried the other combinations ´till now.

Please note: The informations can differ because they concern to the european version of the black widow.

Hope you understand my fucking english and it will help you.

How does you say in Canada: Shadow Spirit or Black Widow?