Das Magazin für umgebaute Motorräder

American-V2-Magazin

Werbebanner

rear rim

• hello , a question for stephan
    i saw your picture of your bike in the bildergalerie,
    what i want to know is , what is the size of your rear rim and what tire do you have
    in the honda shop here in belgium they are going
    to make me a rear wheel

• Hey,

the rear rim has a size of 7x17". The tyre is a 200/50 Bridgestone BT 10. Works perfect together!

You will have to cut off the small subframe under the rear fender. Otherwise the tyre will hit against it when you are driving.

Ask about the price of the rim. In Germany you have to pay approx. 820 Euros. And Belgium is not so far away ;)

• hi , what do you mean with , to cut of the small subframe under the rear fender
    is that the part in metal

• Yes, the small metal part under the fender. It normally holds the license plate and the turn signals.

I did the test only with the 200 tyre together with lowering the bike to 28cm shock absorbers. If you have lowered your bike the wheel definetely will touch this frame. Without lowering I am not sure ... but I think it will, too.

• hey pepe they are reding über big wheels und viel geldo! ;)

hi outlow, you´ve got this subframe under your rear fender which stabilizes the fender.
    with a wider rim and tire you´ll get the problem that youre rear tire will touch this subframe.

so there are three possibilities:

1. you don´t lower the bike (but this will give your bike the look of an offroader) ;)

2. you cut the subframe (you don´t have to cut the hole thing.. it´s enough if you cut about half of it so that the wheel doesn´t touch it)

3. you get a new rear fender

hope i could help you.

greetings *francesco*

• hi fransesco, thanks for the information

just still looking how i hold my rearlight ' its a cateye'
    under my fender

greetings and safe ride

• hi outlaw,

i know that problem too... i almost lost my rear light that weekend because the bolts got loose.
    X(

maybe i´ll get a new rear fender and/or a new rear light.. we´ll see ;)

• Outlaw

hi,
    you only have to cut the pipes of the subframe, the flat part of the frame can remain there-thats what i did at my bike and tims bike(with the 200/70/15 ME880 Tyre).
    if you have any questions , feel free to ask me any time.

greets tom

"In God We Trust, Vengeance is Mine, Sayeth the Lord, No fear."

Ironwerk.de

• hello, i went to the local honda dealer and they can
    make me a 7x18 rim for 780
    before i make the order i want to know, on the side of the rear brake, their under is a black long metal that
    is connected with the frame and the rear hub.
    didn't that make no problems when you put a 200 tire
    on your bike,because i think the tire will hit it
    what did you done?
    Pascal alias outlaw

• Hi Pascal,

there are only some millimeters left between the tyre and that metal part of the rear brake but it works.

I pulled that metal part a little bit away from the tyre by hand and put one additional disc under the nut that fixes the metal part on the rear brake. ´

Uff, difficult to explain in english. Hope you know what I want to say :(

• hi stephan , i didn't done anything yet
    i will let you know when i ts done
    first i want to buy me a new telescope,my other hobby is astronomy, and the cost is about 2000
    and that is also the interest of my wife, you understand me

see you later pascal