Das Magazin für umgebaute Motorräder

American-V2-Magazin

Werbebanner

Big bore in Europe ?

• Hello,

Sorry for writing in English, i am not so good with German
    I have a 99 Wildstar 1600 for some time now and i did some serious work on it
    My next step is to start engine upgrade
    I searched alot for tunning shops in Europe but i wasnt able to find anyone
    If you can please help me out on this
    I want to big bore my engine to 108-110 ci, cylinder work, new high compression pistons, valve jobs, cam job, everything
    The only guys i found doing this are mostly in US .. Patrick Racing, Orient Express and Nemesis Racing
    Can you please let me know if someone else is doing the same work here in Europe ?
    As you know the big bore kits require to strip down your cylinder and send it to the tunning shop where they will replate/resleeve them and then send it back
    It's hardly worth it to send the cylinder to US and then pay for the shipping back to Europe
    Thanks alot

Traurig für das Schreiben auf englisch, bin ich nicht mit Deutschem so gut
    Ich habe 99 Wildstar 1600 eine Zeitlang jetzt und ich erledigte etwas ernste Arbeit über sie Mein folgender Schritt ist, Maschinenaufsteigen zu beginnen Ich suchte viel nach tunning Geschäften in Europa, aber ich war in der Lage, niemand zu finden
    Wenn Sie mir heraus auf diesem bitte helfen können
    Ich möchte zu großem meine Maschine zu 108-110 Ci, Zylinderarbeit, neue hohe Kompressionskolben, Ventiljobs, Nockenjob, alles bohren
    Die einzigen Kerle, die ich fand, dass dies tuend, meistens in US. Patrick Racing, Orient Express und Nemesis Racing
    Kann Sie informieren Sie mich bitte, wenn jemand anderes die gleiche Arbeit hier in Europa erledigt?
    Wie Sie wissen, erfordern die großen Ausbohrungsinstallationssätze, um Ihren Zylinder unten abzustreifen und ihn zum tunning Geschäft zu schicken, in dem sie/resleeve neu zu plattieren sie und es dann zurückzuschicken werden
    It' s kaum wert es, zum des Zylinders nach US zu schicken und für das Verschiffen zurück zu Europa dann zu zahlen
    Dank viel

P.S forgot to add a picture with my bike

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i46.tinypic.com/21ep8bc.jpg]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://i45.tinypic.com/20f3n90.jpg]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 360 ()

• Hey guys,

Thanks alot
    I sent some emails out and waiting for answers
    I hope they do what i need for my bike
    Thunderbike looks good but i am not sure if they actualy bore out your cylinder since i only saw they have high compression piston kits for sale
    That is half the job .. it wont make my engine go from 1600 to 1800 or beyond

P.S just got email back from Freddy of Thunderbike .. it seems they dont sell the big bore kit anymore due to reliability issues :(((

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 360 ()

• Hi 360. I found your bike on youtube last week. Nice job, except for the colour. :tongue: :D
    The maximum, if you just want to enlarge and install bigger pistons, would be 1.774cm³ with 100mm pistons.
    If you want 2.000cm³ and quality just buy the complete kit from Patrick, including cylinders. You just need someone who will install the kit into your bike. No need to send your parts to the USA and back.
    I found a site about big bore kits for the Wild Star, but its in german and hard for me to translate. The main problem with the XV is the liner (god i hope that´s the right word) in the cylinder. The cylinder was poured around the liner, so you can´t push the liner out of the cylinder like in other engines. That´s why you will need new cylinders with pistons over 100mm.
    http://www.wildstar-sh.eu/16642/602342.html

• Hey mate,

I'm glad you like the bike .. it's quite some work invested in it
    Not sure why you dont like the colour .. it's a lamborghini green :D
    Must be a small missunderstanding .. i checked the Patrick racing site and i did not see anywhere the option to buy the whole package, only method is to send your cylinders and they do mods on them
    Yes .. i know about the problem with the liner .. the walls are tho thin and going full bore 2000 is risky .. i think that is where the replating comes in play
    I'm trying to find out how much will upgrade my engine if i only replace the piston kit without over bore .. i found some nice Omega racing pistons 11:25:1
    in comparison with JE 10.25:1 and Barons
    I'm trying to improve the engine output since factory performance is quite low .. around 60 hp if i'm not mistaken while tuned engines go as far as 100 hp and exceeding for a big bore kit with 45-48 carb, pro pipe and high flow intake

• Or you could install cylinders and pistons from the XV1900, including the fuel injection of course. K&N airfilter and PowerComander V plus auto tune kit. If you want the best performance in all situations. ;) :D I will get the PC5 and the auto tune kit for my Warrior as soon as possible.
    About Patrick, i just read it on the Wildstar page. Guess it´s not up to date, since they are writing about the Thunderbike kit too. Racing pistons with 11.25:1, wow. 8o But what about the durability of the engine?

• Hi,

Cant really change engines due to the limited size i have in the frame
    Also fuel injection will add more cables and stuff which i wont be able to hide very well and will ruin the clean look on the engine
    10.25:1 pistons are said to be very good and reliable going for more hp/torque but also offering reliability
    Dont have more info on the 11.25:1 :(

• Fuel injection was a joke. ;) What frame is that anyway? Custom made? ?(
    Hope you can get the power you want. It´s always impressive to see someone putting so much love and energy into his bike. :]
    And btw, where do you live?

• frame is custom made aluminium
    i live in Romania .. but traveling alot with work .. i did this project in US at my brother's home .. i dont think i could ever made this in Europe .. to expensive and few parts you can find

here is my first chopper project (2004).. hope you recognize the engine .. it's made in DE :D

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i45.tinypic.com/m9653l.jpg]

• ..like the helmet, use the newer one (PASGT M88), that protects you better! ;)
    crazy bike!